I know exactly what I would do if I won the lottery. And like Peter from Office Space, I know exactly what I would do. But surprisingly enough, it wouldn’t be nothing.
My lottery list:
- Pay off all debts
- Help my family
- Buy a house in Houston to use as a home base
- Travel the world
- Open a furniture store where I sold unique pieces (some of which I refinished myself) and original artwork and accessories (I would only curate – my skills aren’t that great)
- Travel the world again, looking for cool items to put in my shop
THAT’s how much I love interior design. Sometimes I think I missed my calling. I mean, what kind of person uses rearranging furniture as a relaxation technique? Seriously, when I can’t fall asleep at night, I calm myself into my happy place by mentally moving around the furniture in my house and finding creative ways to mix it up.
With my latest project, I do feel a little like I won the lottery. The hutch is exactly the style I love, oh-so perfect for my home office needs, AND has some great open shelves just itching to be backed in wallpaper.
Here’s progress so far:
Now I’m just down to one final decision – what “wallpaper” should I use to match the paint? The color paint I chose is called “Little Sprout” and is a pale greeny yellow. The sample image from Valspar looks a little neon, but here and here are some good pictures from other bloggers who used the color. (I also managed to find the hex code for the color. You know, just in case I’d like to match things on my computer to my office. Don’t you just love the internetz?)
What this is all very slowly getting to is the fact that I am now at a standstill. I’ve narrowed it down to three paper patterns, and I’m not sure which to use:
1. Rifle Paper Co. “Midnight Floral” paper
2. Glasses wrapping paper from PaperSource
3. “Spring Rain” by ChicShelfPaper.com
Please vote in the comments below!