One of my favorite blogs filled with complete fashion eye-candy, Cupcakes & Cashmere, has a little series called “Five Things” about things the author is currently in love with, experiencing, etc.
Even though my life is a little more like Box Mix & Rayon these days, I’ve decided to steal a page and embrace the (only slightly cheaper) things in life that give me joy.
Without further ado, installment numero uno:
1. Peonies. This is coincidentally also something I stole. As you are all well aware (since I talked about it nonstop) my sister’s wedding was last weekend. Well, as luck would have it, every florist in town was out of peonies. Something about bad weather, failed crops and I’m sure their sudden resurgence in popularity since Blair Waldorf couldn’t tie the knot with Chuck Bass without them. Anyhow, my sister picked a good one. After accepting the disappointment and moving on rather graciously, my sis arrived to the church on the big day to find a card and three pink peonies waiting for her from her betrothed. Since she left for her honeymoon sans-flora, I adopted them and stole the back to my rental house. (No sense in letting good flowers go to waste?)
2. Mukluks. I got them for Christmas, and they are awesome, and look so ridiculous on me (especially with the tassles) that every time I put them on I cannot resist a dance I made up just for the occasion. For reference, it’s incredibly similar to The Carlton. (Want some ‘luks of your own? These are cute + on sale)
3. Puppy Snugs. Because everyone should be so lucky as to go through life with a needy, overly shaggy dog.
4. Barb Blair, her flawless furniture and her graciously liberal trade-secret-revealing tutorial series on Design Sponge.
5. Plants that are impossible to kill. My little collection of bamboo and succulents are the only things that keep on trucking, with or (mostly) without my green thumb. To add to it, my sister gave me the coolest Christmas present – a homemade succulent terrarium. I’m in love.